Huntsville’s Got Talent presented by Dr. Drew
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2017
Location: Algonquin Theatre
Admission: Tickets available for $20 – all proceeds to Community Living
Synopsis: An event to showcase and reward local talent. Top 3 to be awarded cash prizes (tentative – $1000 plus trophy, $250, $100)
- No age restrictions.
- Talent will have to be able to be performed live on stage (no outdoor stunts)
- Contestants will need to sign publicity waiver for use of image/video in promotion of this year’s and/or future events. Contestants under the age of majority will require parental/guardian consent to perform, as well as publicity waiver.
- Those who currently make a living based on their talent are ineligible.
- With a potential narrowing of the contestants to a final 3 at the competition, contestants should be prepared to perform twice (two different numbers preferred).
- A family friendly event – G or PG rated performances only.
- Final night will have no more than four in any one category (singing, dance, comedy, instrumental, other).
- Live finalist performances at the Algonquin Theatre are to be no longer than 4 minutes in length. There will be no penalty for a shorter performance.
- Live judges are scheduled to include Dr. Drew, Andre Wahl, Sue Campbell, Scott Aitchison but are subject to change without notice.
- Judge’s decision will be final.
- Scoring will be based on talent, originality, and performance. Up to 10 points will be awarded in each category.
- After the preliminary round, scores will be tabulated, and the top three will perform again in the finals. 50% of the contestant’s preliminary score will be carried forward into the finals (this means final performance will count for 2/3 of total score).
- There are two options for submitting an application to participate:a) Complete the online form below along with a video submission of the proposed act, which is no longer than thirty (30) seconds in length.b) Drop off a video submission (no time limit) of the proposed act on a portable memory stick or DVD to Dr. Drew Markham Dentistry’s office at #6-110 North Kinton Ave., Huntsville, ON, P1H 0AP (beside Dairy Queen). Fill out an application form at time of dropping off in person between 9am-5pm from Tuesday to Thursday
- Depending on number of entries, participants must be prepared to audition at time and place TBD to get to correct number of finalists.
- Entrants must be prepared to perform on Feb. 11, 2017.
- 8 finalists will be selected by the judging panel, with the final 2 entries to the finals determined by an online popularity based voting process.
Contest is closed. Thank you to all who entered!